Research Data Management Guides
Guides to Research Data Management
Looking for more information on research data management to explore on your own? There are a number of general guides online, as well as guides for specific research areas.
Check out the guides below, or get in touch with an PRDS team member if you’ve got any questions.
- Digital Curation Centre (DCC): Offers online resources, events, and training opportunities.
- UK Data Archive: Create & Manage Data: Provides best practice strategies and methods for creating, preparing, and storing shareable datasets. See also Managing and Sharing Data: A Best Practice Guide for Researchers.
More Specialized Guides
- Geospatial data: CIESIN: Geospatial Electronic Records
- Social Science data: ICPSR Guide to Social Science Data Preparation and Archiving
- Biogeochemistry and ecology data: Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Data Management for Data Providers