Have a question about research data management? Want additional advice or guidance on planning for, managing, preserving, or sharing your data? We offer one-on-one consultations - you can make an appointment online or reach out to us by email to get started.
Workshops and Webinars
We offer regular workshops and webinars covering key topics and tools in research data management and stewardship, often in collaboration with campus partners. Past sessions include:
- Preparing Data for Publication
- Getting started with Open Science Framework
- Data Wrangling: How to keep your workflows orderly and efficient
- Getting started with SciENcv and ORCID
You can find a full list of workshops, past and future, at the bottom of this page. Recordings of many of our prior sessions are available on our page at Princeton's Media Central.
Research Data Stewardship Program
The Research Data Stewardship Program is an annual training program to provide early-career researchers with the knowledge and skills to be effective data stewards.
This 8-month annual program focuses on training, promotion and advocacy for reproducible research; good research data management practices and planning; and FAIR data principles. Topics include data management planning, data storage and security, documentation, and preservation for all disciplines and types of research. Feel empowered to be champions for open research!
Engage in 2 hours of activities each month (all virtual for the 2020-2021 program):
- Talks from experts across campus
- Apply principles to your research
- Explore resources
- Engage domain-specific topics and experts
Benefits of participating:
- Learn to manage your data effectively
- Connect with and learn from other people interested in data stewardship from all over campus
- Increase the impact of your research by knowing how to effectively showcase your data
- Expand and develop transferable research data skills
- Receive a virtual binder of program resources via the Open Science Framework
- Be invited to annual program events and to become a Data Mentor for future program years
Registration for the 2020-2021 program is closed.
Check back in late summer of 2021 to register for next year's program!
Organized by Princeton University Library’s Princeton Research Data Service, Princeton Institute for Computational Science and Engineering, and OIT Research Computing