Making sure your data have a forever home at the end of the project
In addition to publishing the results of your research in a journal or other venue, you’ll also need to decide what will happen to the data themselves after the end of the project and how you can be sure that the data will be available in the future
Questions to answer now
- Which repository am I going to store my data in?
- Am I going to publish my data and make it publicly accessible and citable?
- How will I make sure other researchers can find my data?
- Are the data in the appropriate file format for the repository?
- Do I know which data should be stored and/or published?
- Do the data comply with any applicable confidentiality regulations or other restrictions?
- Is there sufficient documentation/metadata to ensure that the data can be reused in the future?