Open Data Policies
In addition to funding agencies, many publishers have adopted (or are in the process of adopting) policies that require researchers to make associated materials, data, and code openly or readily available. It’s important to check the editorial policies of the journals that you’re submitting manuscripts to so that you know what they require.
Here are links to the data reporting requirements for a few key journals and publishers:
- American Journal of Political Science
- American Sociological Review (under “Ethics”)
- Nature Research journals
- PLOS ONE (and other PLOS journals)
- Psychological Science
- Quarterly Journal of Economics
- Science (and Science journals)
- Springer Nature journals
Need help finding out what a particular journal requires for publication? Ask a PRDS team member!